Lindisfarne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

750,000 teen-agers will become pregnant this year

2 posters

Go down

750,000 teen-agers will become pregnant this year Empty 750,000 teen-agers will become pregnant this year

Post  stihl Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:34 am

This statistic was aired on an ABC show last night that followed the lives of several teenaged girls (and some of the Dads) through their pregnancies and deliveries.

3/4 of a million kids being born to Moms that aren't ready to be parents. Wow.

The girls were interviewed and asked "how it happened". Several said condoms were used and apparently did not work.

This is beyond sad. This is the collapse of our society.
stihl
stihl

Back to top Go down

750,000 teen-agers will become pregnant this year Empty I think your statistics are actually quite different

Post  VicarJoe Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:11 am

that is, the number of teens who become pregnant vs the number of teens who become moms. 45% of unintended teen pregnancies end in abortion. Some 20% of the total number of abortions each year involve teenagers. Out of a total of some 1.3 million abortions a year in the U.S., that means something like 275,000 teenagers have abortions each year. The overall teen abortion rate is around 34% or so (including intended pregnancies in the mix). The overall black abortion rate is awful (34% of ALL abortions involve black women, who make up 12% of all women). There are places where poverty is pretty bad--Mississippi, Louisiana--where the black abortion rate is over 50%. I mention that rate in particular because I think the cultural stereotype of young women having babies out of wedlock is of a black teenager, when that is also the group most likely to NOT let the baby live to term.
VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

750,000 teen-agers will become pregnant this year Empty What this tells me is...

Post  stihl Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:46 pm

...the "whites" are quickly closing the gap(yeah, yes we can). Afircan-Americans make up 30% of the population. You said they accouunt for 34% of all abortions. No matter how you cut it, it is sad.

One thing that never got mentioned was religon or morals last night.
stihl
stihl

Back to top Go down

750,000 teen-agers will become pregnant this year Empty If I'm not mistaken

Post  VicarJoe Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:56 pm

blacks make up more like 13% of the population, which is why the fact that blacks make up more than a third of U.S. abortions has been called a "black genocide." I read somewhere that there are 40 million blacks in America, and without legal abortion there would be more like 55 million. Margaret Sanger would be proud.
VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

750,000 teen-agers will become pregnant this year Empty I stand corrected....

Post  stihl Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:32 pm

13.4% of the US population is Black. That does make Black abortion rather skewed.
stihl
stihl

Back to top Go down

750,000 teen-agers will become pregnant this year Empty Re: 750,000 teen-agers will become pregnant this year

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down