Lindisfarne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recent sign of the apocalypse

4 posters

Go down

Recent sign of the apocalypse Empty Recent sign of the apocalypse

Post  VicarJoe Fri May 22, 2009 1:11 pm

"Mary Kay Letourneau Hosts 'Hot for Teacher' Night at Nightclub"

SEATTLE — Mary Kay Letourneau and her former sixth-grade student — the father of her two youngest children — are hosting a "Hot for Teacher" night at a Seattle nightclub. Letourneau, now 47, served 7 1/2 years in prison after she was convicted of raping Vili Fualaau, now 26. They were married four years ago this week.

The bar's owner said Letourneau has served her sentence, she's married her former student, and it's OK for them to have some fun on a Saturday night.

The couple first met when Fualaau was in the second grade. Their relationship became sexual when he was 12 and she was a 34-year-old married mother of four.

:puke:
VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

Recent sign of the apocalypse Empty Double puke.

Post  cradlerc Fri May 22, 2009 2:27 pm

Anyone who doesn't think it's pukish needs to spend some time around twelve-year-old boys. Every now and then someone will ask my husband, who teaches high school, about the "hotness" of high school girls :wtf: His response usually has something to do with listening to them when they open their mouths, because they are children, no matter what they might think to the contrary. I remember thinking the same thing when I was teaching high school, whenever one of those weird stories would come up about female teachers and male students--and I'd also think that even if, in fact because you were subjected to dating teeage boys at one point, you should never ever want to do it again in later life.

Gross, gross and gross.
cradlerc
cradlerc

Back to top Go down

Recent sign of the apocalypse Empty Imagine celebrating an adult molesting a 12 year old

Post  VicarJoe Fri May 22, 2009 2:58 pm

I'm with you also on the teaching experience end. When I first started teaching at 24, and I was teaching 18-19 year olds, they seemed young, but by the time I was 30 they positively seemed like children. They all seemed to possess the intellectual magnetism of this guy:
albino
VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

Recent sign of the apocalypse Empty All I can say is

Post  just4once Fri May 22, 2009 4:06 pm

:spl: (I was looking for a smilie that actually vomited, that's how I feel about this)
just4once
just4once

Back to top Go down

Recent sign of the apocalypse Empty What a repellent concept

Post  AustenFan Fri May 22, 2009 6:32 pm

and how anyone can consider it "fun" is just beyond me!
AustenFan
AustenFan

Back to top Go down

Recent sign of the apocalypse Empty It kinda floored me too

Post  VicarJoe Fri May 22, 2009 6:55 pm

I realize there's been a bit of nonsense on the other side of the fence about how we all just agree with each other, but in this case I'm gonna say 1) it's good that people agree that teachers committing statutory rape isn't fun or sexy, and 2) I was almost tempted to post it AT the other forum because I was curious how the usual suspects, feeling compelled to disagree with me, would tell me it was no biggie, like they did when it was reported that every park in Seattle is now a nudist park where you can drop trou in front of a troop of girl scouts on a nature walk and not be breaking the law. Do you remember how that went down? I was a prude for thinking that there was something bad about disrobing in public city parks.
VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

Recent sign of the apocalypse Empty Their reaction would probably

Post  AustenFan Fri May 22, 2009 7:16 pm

be, "It's just a bit of fun." at the nightclub. I don't think I'd do so far as to suggest that what Tourneau initially did was o.k.. At least, I hope even people like Bert and Agent wouldn't do that. Rico, of course, would say "What about the molesters in the RCC?" as he does with every single thread-as would all his various handles.

On the other hand, I once suggested on another forum that sex between teachers and their current students was always wrong and a complete abuse of power and some lame brains suggested, "Well, it's different if they are college kids." Rolling Eyes In addition, when various stories about "sexy teachers" having sex with the 12 years old boys came out the response of some men was, "I wish they had teachers like that when I was 12." I wasn't sure if they were doing a male bravado thing or if they REALLY thought it would be o.k. for their sixth grade boy to lose his virginity to a 23 year old teacher. If a teacher tried to molest my kid, she and the school system would find a lawsuit sooner they could say "Jack Robinson." Disgusting.
AustenFan
AustenFan

Back to top Go down

Recent sign of the apocalypse Empty Creeeepy.

Post  cradlerc Fri May 22, 2009 7:35 pm

Where are we at in a culture when we're celebrating something like this?

When I was a teenager, I dated a boy who revealed that he had been molested by a female babysitter as a young teen. I don't think I took it as seriously as I should have, and I feel bad about that still. It was clearly something that he remembered with repugnance--there was nothing "sexy" about it for him.
cradlerc
cradlerc

Back to top Go down

Recent sign of the apocalypse Empty Whoops. Typos galore

Post  AustenFan Fri May 22, 2009 8:09 pm

I meant to say that "I don't think they'd (Meaning the Syracuse forumites) go so far to suggest that what Tourneau did was o.k."
AustenFan
AustenFan

Back to top Go down

Recent sign of the apocalypse Empty Actually, didn''t agent say exactly that?

Post  cradlerc Fri May 22, 2009 9:20 pm

It was in the conversation about whether murder was always bad--he more than hinted that the LeTourneau thing wasn't really rape, because, you know pirat (Closest I could find to a wink. Where's the wink??)
cradlerc
cradlerc

Back to top Go down

Recent sign of the apocalypse Empty Oh, dear...

Post  AustenFan Fri May 22, 2009 9:31 pm

If he said that, that is really bad.

The wink is fouth row from the left, third icon down. That's my personal favorite. ;) although being an English history fan, I like this one too- king or this one :queen: , and any book lover should enjoy this one study
AustenFan
AustenFan

Back to top Go down

Recent sign of the apocalypse Empty Re: Recent sign of the apocalypse

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down