Lindisfarne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet Harry Knox

3 posters

Go down

Meet Harry Knox Empty Meet Harry Knox

Post  VicarJoe Sat May 16, 2009 7:24 am

President Obama appointed Harry Knox to his Advisory Council on Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships on April 6.

Upon being appointed, Knox said, “[O]f course, we will support the President in living up to his promise that government has no place in funding bigotry against any group of people.”

Knox accuses Pope Benedict XVI, leader of the Roman Catholic Church, of “hurting people in the name of Jesus.”

He says the the Catholic Church is guilty of “insulting” Jesus and of “sending a message that violence and human rights abuses against LGBT people are acceptable." (Yes, Harry Knox is a gay activist.)

He says the pope and church "maliciously use lies and misinformation to interfere with the LGBT community’s path to equality.” The pope is especially evil, he claims, because in March 2009 Benedict pointed out the fact that where the use of condoms was emphasized in Africa it actually increased HIV infections.

Knox is director of the Human Rights Campaign’s Religion and Faith Program. The HRC describes itself as “America’s largest civil rights organization working to achieve lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender equality.”

“We must bring faith discussions back to their roots of seeking understanding,” says Knox. “A vocal minority is falsely promoting the notion that religious people stand in opposition to equal rights. Our job is to promote the truth that a majority of people of faith believes strongly in fairness and justice."

bounce
VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

Meet Harry Knox Empty You have to wonder

Post  stihl Sat May 16, 2009 8:23 am

When somebody like Knox uses the terms faith and religon, what is he thinking?

VicarJoe wrote:President Obama appointed Harry Knox to his Advisory Council on Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships on April 6.

“We must bring faith discussions back to their roots of seeking understanding,” says Knox. “A vocal minority is falsely promoting the notion that religious people stand in opposition to equal rights. Our job is to promote the truth that a majority of people of faith believes strongly in fairness and justice."

bounce

In one word, "compromise"
stihl
stihl

Back to top Go down

Meet Harry Knox Empty Sounds like a my way or the highway

Post  cradlerc Sat May 16, 2009 11:38 am

kind of a guy. Rolling Eyes

Joe mentioned this on another thread, about becoming increasingly aware of the anti-Christian bias in our media; I'm experiencing something similar right now in regard to Catholcisim in general. It has its roots back about five years, when I found myself working somewhere where my quiet revelation that I was a Catholic inadvertently turned me into something of a defender of the faith. That Harry Knox can say such things and be appointed to this position, well pale
cradlerc
cradlerc

Back to top Go down

Meet Harry Knox Empty Re: Meet Harry Knox

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down