Lindisfarne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last day of the retreat

+2
VicarJoe
stihl
6 posters

Go down

Last day of the retreat Empty Last day of the retreat

Post  stihl Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:47 am

For those members who participated in the week long retreat, thank you.

The Lindisfarne Retreat ends at mid-night tonight.

I must confess, I broke my word and peeked in on the Syracuse forum (though I did not post or respond). I think Joe (Homer) put it best, it is like driving past a car wreck and trying not to peek.

The only thing worth while was August had a thread that would have been nice to see here. He was defending some Catholic Doctrine (I forget what it was). I hope August and others peeking in here will realize there is room for debate on this forum, so long as it is done with respect and honorable motives.

Besides that, all we missed was the typical Public Service messages posted by "he who must not be named". There was also a flurry of new handles, that was interesting. I am pretty sure it was the previously mentioned poster talking to himself. "Thank you asking that question, let me explain to you...blah, blah.." And the "fake Joe" was a hoot. How low can they go?

The Syracuse forum has definitely been slowed by our Retreat because we haven't been offering targets or topics. I don't think this Retreat will make folks on the other fourm more respectful because...it just won't.

The most important thing is what we have done for ourselves, getting our minds right and our spirits. Also, coming out of this is establishing Lindisfarne as what we knew it could be. A place of light.

Some of us will re-engage the other forums tomorrow. I for one will not be shy about advertising Lindisfarne as a place for all who are geniunely interest in Faith can come and engage others in productive dialouge. Last day of the retreat 896773
stihl
stihl

Back to top Go down

Last day of the retreat Empty I feel like giving up advance net forums like syracuse dot com

Post  VicarJoe Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:58 am

is a bit like giving up something like beer or cheese for Lent. You miss it a lot at first, then you forget about it, then when you can have it again, you find you want to wait a few more days anyway, because it no longer has a claim on you.

The only reason I can think of to go back is to invite people here. Once you step out of the fray, you realize how dull it is. Sleep
VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

Last day of the retreat Empty I am with you.....

Post  stihl Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:14 am

.....I mean really, to sit that on pins and needles waiting for one of the anti-religoinists to respond...the thrill is gone.

But, beer and cheese are much harder to give up then Bert and Rico. lol!
stihl
stihl

Back to top Go down

Last day of the retreat Empty Go for two!

Post  magyar1 Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:04 pm

I am not sure that one week is sufficient time.

I propose that we extend this retreat for another week.

Comments?
magyar1
magyar1

Back to top Go down

Last day of the retreat Empty I'm with magyar

Post  VicarJoe Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:22 pm

Starve the beast.
VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

Last day of the retreat Empty I'm with you.

Post  cradlerc Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:25 pm

I wonder who our two guests are?
cradlerc
cradlerc

Back to top Go down

Last day of the retreat Empty Our guests are......

Post  stihl Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:36 pm

...beer and cheese.

My comment is this, I would pledge not to post other than to let folks know about this fourm. If I post, I would not repond to to any of any lager, pilsner, stout, cheder, munster or gorganzola.

The reason being, the only way I met the good folks who are memebers here was by way of the anti-religionists sites. I don't think this site has enough visibility yet.

My objective isn't to have the beer and cheese join us but, there may be some HAC (like I was) wandering around out there who would never meet you wonderful folks. the wave
stihl
stihl

Back to top Go down

Last day of the retreat Empty Re: Last day of the retreat

Post  cradlerc Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:51 pm

Good point, stihl.
cradlerc
cradlerc

Back to top Go down

Last day of the retreat Empty more like too much beer and cheese, cradle

Post  AsADeerPants Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:31 pm

I am possibly one of those guests. I lurk here quite a bit. I am more interested in reading some of the post then developing a comment. But do leave promptly (about 5 minutes). I would think the guest count would go down right away
AsADeerPants
AsADeerPants

Back to top Go down

Last day of the retreat Empty It's not the last

Post  AustenFan Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:33 am

day of the retreat for me Smile I'll just let them go on having conversations using more than one handle and using fake handles for former posters such as Joe (when anyone with a modicum of brains could tell the writing styles are totally different). I don't have to watch the car wreck. Truly, though, I feel pity for people who have have to resort to such tactics in order to have conversations and have to use other obvious and crude attempts to bait people to reply. For those of you still reading over there. the great Karmac predicts that the stupidity will escalate. What a Face

I must admit that sometimes I come here as guest rather than signing in because it's a bit easier.
AustenFan
AustenFan

Back to top Go down

Last day of the retreat Empty I placed a notice on the Cleveland forum

Post  stihl Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:07 am

That was it.

Syracuse has the same cast of characters and, currently, everybody on there knows about Lindisfarne, so I didn't bother posting.

I couldn't sign onto NJ. And by that time, looking at the threads, my heart hurt.

I am throughly enjoying our community of posters.

Lindisfarne isn't on retreat, Lindisfarne is THE Retreat. Last day of the retreat 325382
stihl
stihl

Back to top Go down

Last day of the retreat Empty Re: Last day of the retreat

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down