Lindisfarne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy Retreat Day

Go down

Happy Retreat Day Empty Happy Retreat Day

Post  stihl Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:05 am

Good day to fellow members and guests.

Today is the first day of a one week Retreat here at the Lindisfarne forum. This is a retreat in which participating members are pledging not to post or respond on the Syracuse "religon" forum (and other similar forums) for one week. I realize that not all members will participate, that's fine. Some of you (August in particular) seem to have the disapline to post and not get sucked into the "mosh".

There is a value to the "mosh-pit" forums in that, personally, I would not have become aquainted with and, informed by members of this forum. You all are truly a blessing. Maybe, upon, re-entering the pits, it has to be viewed as missionary work. There are other HAC's out there looking at these forums trying to come to terms with Fatih and the world. I certainly will not hesitate to advertise this forum. It truly is a place of light.

I had this lingering hope that starving the trolls for one week might somehow elevate the level of civility in the mosh pits. However, after spending 3 years in and out of the mosh-pit, it is not a realistic expectation. The level of contempt for religon is papable on the other forum and, taking some of the posters at their word, their mission is to desuade people from harboring any religous beilef. As I have suggested before, it should be re-named the anti-religous forum.

I must also confess that I have found the other forum titilating, which is a problem. However, getting into a "snarky-contest" is not the way to move one closer to God. Of course, if you don't get snarky, the anti-religionist-progressives don't respond so you wind up asking yourself "what's the point". The point will be this; other people trying to decide on Faith are reading those threads and you don't know when you phrase things the right way or, mention the right book that will turn on the light.

In the meantime, let's celebrate Lindisfarne. It has served it's intended purpose wonderfully. A place to discuss topics, religous and otherwise, without a mosh-ball being tossed into the middle of thread.

Anyway, enjoy the week. Thanks again to the Giant Hand for providing this place of light. Happy Retreat Day 340584

Stihl Happy Retreat Day 494795
stihl
stihl

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum