Lindisfarne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Announcing religous retreat at Lindisfarne

+4
cradlerc
AustenFan
VicarJoe
stihl
8 posters

Go down

Announcing religous retreat at Lindisfarne Empty Announcing religous retreat at Lindisfarne

Post  stihl Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:48 pm

Dear Members,

After getting some feedback I am proposing a one week religous retreat here at Lindisfare.

The retreat will entail abstaining from posting or repsonding on the Syracuse, Cleveland or NJ "religion" forums. If you wish, you may abstain from visiting the sites completely, I will be doing this.

The point and purpose of this retreat is to cleanse our "spiritual paletts" by enjoying the fellowship of those who truly enjoy exploring religon.

The retreat shall commence at 11:59 PM on Tuesday, June 16th, 2009 and shall conclude at 11:59 PM on Tuesday, June 23rd, 2009.

I leave it up to the discretion of individual posters it they wish to announce this Retreat on the mosh-pit forums. The only reason I can see annoucing is that an infrequent but valued member misses this announcement.

We currently have 15 members and one giant hand. If you all wouldn't mind responding with a pledge to attend this Retreat, that'd be great.

Bring your light to the darkness Announcing religous retreat at Lindisfarne 340584

Stihl Announcing religous retreat at Lindisfarne 494795
stihl
stihl

Back to top Go down

Announcing religous retreat at Lindisfarne Empty As I said below, I'm in

Post  VicarJoe Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:03 pm

Finally, I just don't have the time to read about how evil I am. I have too many wicked schemes under way to deal with more than one forum.

Announcing religous retreat at Lindisfarne 119981
VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

Announcing religous retreat at Lindisfarne Empty I did smile

Post  AustenFan Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:17 pm

when stihl announced we were having a retreat at Lindisfarne. I thought that meant we were going to visit Ireland. I've never been; that would be neat. bounce

"We have 15 members and 1 giant hand. "
Laughing

I'll take the pledge; Syracuse.com is a waste of time.
AustenFan
AustenFan

Back to top Go down

Announcing religous retreat at Lindisfarne Empty me too, me too

Post  cradlerc Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:52 pm

bounce
cradlerc
cradlerc

Back to top Go down

Announcing religous retreat at Lindisfarne Empty cradle, I added an emoticon just for you...

Post  VicarJoe Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:06 pm

but you haven't used it yet.

Announcing religous retreat at Lindisfarne 41763 Announcing religous retreat at Lindisfarne 41763 Announcing religous retreat at Lindisfarne 41763
VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

Announcing religous retreat at Lindisfarne Empty But why the wait

Post  AustenFan Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:39 pm

until the 16th? Why not start tomorrow afternoon, or sometime else this week?
AustenFan
AustenFan

Back to top Go down

Announcing religous retreat at Lindisfarne Empty I'm in!

Post  HaroldAngel Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:49 pm

And I'm with AustenFan. I'm starting now! scratch
HaroldAngel
HaroldAngel

Back to top Go down

Announcing religous retreat at Lindisfarne Empty June 9th to June 16th

Post  stihl Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:23 pm

Because I can't read a calendar!!!!! geek

I meant tommorrow night at 11:59 PM, thank you Austen. Announcing religous retreat at Lindisfarne 786928

SO...Tues June 9th 11:59PM to June 16th, 11:59 PM. Feel free to start one day early. Announcing religous retreat at Lindisfarne 722279 same bat-time, Announcing religous retreat at Lindisfarne 722279 same bat-channel
stihl
stihl

Back to top Go down

Announcing religous retreat at Lindisfarne Empty I like the pits...

Post  BelievHUman Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:23 am

Bring them on!

I don't post at those 3 often anyway.

I usually go to OL and AL, busier forums.
I am used to being called everything from evil to godless...

it comes with the territory.
BelievHUman
BelievHUman

Back to top Go down

Announcing religous retreat at Lindisfarne Empty Rah, rah sis boom bah!

Post  cradlerc Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:17 pm

Announcing religous retreat at Lindisfarne 41763 Announcing religous retreat at Lindisfarne 41763 Announcing religous retreat at Lindisfarne 41763

How did I miss this one?
cradlerc
cradlerc

Back to top Go down

Announcing religous retreat at Lindisfarne Empty I have been suprised....

Post  stihl Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:21 pm

...at the two other "religon" forums that exist, basically the same as Syr. com. I never knew. I visited the Cleveland forum and the Alabama forum. It was pretty much the same as Syracuse.com, same temperment, lacking civility ect... and I see that the same personalities jump from forum to forum.

Anyway I am looking forward to the Retreat. I hope all will join us and I hope others who have visited as guest will see the value of civil discourse and come join us.
stihl
stihl

Back to top Go down

Announcing religous retreat at Lindisfarne Empty My opinion is

Post  AustenFan Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:36 pm

that the people who are on multiple forums (I'm talking about on almost every single forum advance net has-not just one or two) either are unemployed, emploted part time, or are trolls. My educated guess-having not been on syracuse.com for a little while- is that were I to go over there I would find handles that had never appeared before-arguing vociferously with who? You guessed it- with he who shall not be named. If he can't get the fish with various bait he will invent other handles and talk to himself from various points of view. It's very sad. As for me, "I'm free; I'm free. Thank God Almighty I'm free at last." The good news is that I don't even have a desire to look over there-the nausea has taken hold. In this case, the nausea is a gift from God. Smile
AustenFan
AustenFan

Back to top Go down

Announcing religous retreat at Lindisfarne Empty Actually an Excellent Idea

Post  AsADeerPants Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:17 pm

Although I will not participate in this retreat. Mostly because I am not into forums this days. I can stand the mess.

But let me offer a comparative personal decision.

I have unilaterally declared I will no read or send email in a social group I belong to until after July 4. I did this because the email messages are often testy and well stupid. I informed them that I will accept phone calls and some email with a very limited topic ("please do this")
AsADeerPants
AsADeerPants

Back to top Go down

Announcing religous retreat at Lindisfarne Empty also let me say

Post  AsADeerPants Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:34 pm

www.al.com/forums/religion in it's very high days was very interesting forum indeed. It had a mixture of Christians (mostly Protestants), Atheists, and Pagans all very outspoken. Smile. And quite often mean.

It has come back a bit but went through a decline when some members (both willing and not) left it. Nj.com went through an understandable decline (but is coming back).

I think it would be good for syracuse.com/forums/religion to go through somewhat similar decline. Although it does not have the numbers of posters as al.com does. Or even Nj.com does.
AsADeerPants
AsADeerPants

Back to top Go down

Announcing religous retreat at Lindisfarne Empty I've been having some computer

Post  just4once Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:29 am

problems so I haven't been on much. Went to syracuse before coming here, (that's how I found out about von Brunn). Being off the computer has freed up my time a bit, I look forward to not visiting places that make my blood pressure go up Very Happy
just4once
just4once

Back to top Go down

Announcing religous retreat at Lindisfarne Empty Re: Announcing religous retreat at Lindisfarne

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down