Lindisfarne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 news stories

5 posters

Go down

2 news stories Empty 2 news stories

Post  VicarJoe Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:54 pm

First, A lone gunman killed a security guard at the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum on Wednesday before being wounded himself by return fire from other guards, sources confirmed to CNN. The suspect was identified as James von Brunn, an 88-year-old white supremacist from Maryland, two law enforcement officials told CNN.

Second, The Rev. Jeremiah Wright, the former Chicago pastor whose racially-charged sermons threatened to implode President Obama's primary bid last year, is again making waves over recent comments about his current relationship with the commander-in-chief. "Them Jews aren't going to let him talk to me," Wright told Virginia newspaper The Daily Press when asked if he still spoke with Obama. "I told my baby daughter, that he'll talk to me in five years when he's a lame duck, or in eight years when he's out of office."

I won't head over to syracuse dot com to read how as a Christian and a conservative I'm somehow responsible for the first story, but I wonder if anyone will draw a connection between anti-semitism and the left. Doubtful.
VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

2 news stories Empty While there are certainly

Post  AustenFan Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:09 pm

people who call themselves Christian who are anti-semetic (and Rev. Wright is one of them, IMO)\, anyone with any depth of knowledge about conservative Christians knows that they have a great deal of respect for Judaism and the existence of state of Israel and would not refer to Jews as "them Jews". That is so offensive, as it would be to refer to "them Blacks". But of course, conservative Christians get blamed for everything.

My feeling is that syracuse.com is probably imploding on itself whether it has a flurry of posts from the deranged or emotionally damaged or not.. There is only so much fairly normal people can take of people talking to themselves under different handles. Even people like agent may eventually get bored of the ludicrous games of a serial troller.
AustenFan
AustenFan

Back to top Go down

2 news stories Empty That's just it, Afan

Post  VicarJoe Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:03 pm

When I used to occasionally step over to the politics forum, the conservatives were nearly univocal about their appreciation of judaism and their support of Israel. The one exception was a fellow who was a deeply deranged right-wing conspiracy theorist type, a lunatic fringe nutjob. But almost every last leftist was aggressively anti-Israel, so that there was nothing worth critiquing about Hamas firing a rocket at a daycare center, but Israel was wholly evil for retaliating. Day in and day out, it was belligerence about AIPAC, and not from the fringe, but from folks who otherwise considered themselves mainstream. And when I would speak out and say that I think firing rockets at a daycare center is wrong, I'd get called "jewboy," and when I'd say that Hamas could end the Israeli defense forces' acts of violence by not picking fights with them with rockets and suicide bombs, I'd get called "Goldberg." And when I'd say, "look, I am an Anglo and a Catholic," they'd say "you're a lying semite." That was constant. And now Mr Obama's spiritual advisor and mentor talks about "them jews" keeping him from his pupil, and people will act as if that's atypical. I'm just sick of it.

Evil or Very Mad
VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

2 news stories Empty I can understand why

Post  AustenFan Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:17 pm

you would be sick of it, and from the limited time I was on the politics board I remember those kinds of offensive coments-both the aggressive anti Jewish state remarks and the epithet of "Jew-boy". Any person of goodwill should think that bombing a day-care center is totally reprehensible no matter who does it. To say that does not mean that someone agrees with the all the political decisions of Israel or doesn't think that there should be a Palestinian state. There is a lot of anti-semetism from some of the "tolerant" liberal left, as there is a lot of mosogyny and sexism ansd various other nastiness.
AustenFan
AustenFan

Back to top Go down

2 news stories Empty Anti-semetism

Post  stihl Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:32 am

I have found a dicotomy exists between some folks being pro-Isreal yet anti-Sementic (sp).

I am not reffering to the forums, I am reffering to folks I know personally.

A person I know who is very conservative and is definitely pro-Isreal also is rather predjudice against American Jews, to the point where it has created a rift between us.

Now on the fourms, I have seen it the other way. Folks that don't express a predjudice against American Jews yet are ready to let Isreal get blown into the Meddateranian.
stihl
stihl

Back to top Go down

2 news stories Empty From reading other forums,

Post  just4once Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:27 am

it seems the shooter James von Brunn, was also anti-Christian, much to the chagrin of some posters.
just4once
just4once

Back to top Go down

2 news stories Empty That is truly warped

Post  AustenFan Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:57 am

that people would be chagrined that they can't blame this on a Christian.

Besides, the man was 88 and some of his family said that they had avoided him because they thought he had been mentally ill for decades. I thinking that it's possible that the age was also a factor here. I've dealt with older people who had dementia and/or Alzheimers and sometimes they were very paranoid and into conspiracy theories.
AustenFan
AustenFan

Back to top Go down

2 news stories Empty Yep, here's your shooter's take on Christianity, in his own words

Post  VicarJoe Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:56 pm

"on the road to Damascus -- brooding about Rome, relishing the bloody image of the disciple he had stoned to death; sweaty, sore footed, thinking of the blasphemous ravings of the Nazarene -- Saul had an incredible, earthshaking IDEA. A light-bulb inspiration. He, Saul -- a Roman citizen -- suddenly realized how he could destroy Rome! Saul trembled uncontrollably with fear and joy. He would simply promulgate the insane teachings of Jesus! What better way to destroy a Nation -- any Nation -- than to undermine her hubris; her gods, ethics, mores, history, her gene-pool -- in short, Saul would DESTROY ROMAN CULTURE. Then, as night follows day, with her foundations rotted, the Roman Empire would FALL. Saul decided to begin the HOAX by inventing a miraculous encounter on the road to Damascus with the reincarnated Jesus the Christ!"

Sounds like Tarostar.

I was wondering, if you're 88 are you really a neo-Nazi? Aren't you old enough just to be a Nazi proper?
VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

2 news stories Empty That does sound like Tarostar.

Post  cradlerc Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:59 pm

Not surprisingly. Evil or Very Mad
cradlerc
cradlerc

Back to top Go down

2 news stories Empty Chris Cummo

Post  stihl Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:10 pm

Was doing his best to tie this guy to Christian Conservatives this morning. He was using the same tactic as the Progressives with killing of Tiller, the Christian Conservatives are responsible because there ideas have driven people to extremes.

Chris, upon being disappointed that this guy was not part of a group, tried so desperatley to tie him to something on the right.

Great reporting Chris!
stihl
stihl

Back to top Go down

2 news stories Empty Actually, there is some

Post  AustenFan Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:26 pm

dolt- who recently published a book claiming that Saul as a Roman citizen and Jew was a double agent spying on the followers of Christ. People who want to discedit Christianity (and perhaps also seeking tenure in "publish or perish" ) come up with all kinds of bizarre notions rather than just accepting that Saul (Paul) is who he says he was. A double agent would not have gone to his death willingly. Of course, the idea that Paul felt guilty about killing Christians and so became one, is such an old line it has a beard.

It does sound like Taro, however.
AustenFan
AustenFan

Back to top Go down

2 news stories Empty Ths reporter

Post  AustenFan Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:33 pm

clearly didn't do his homework, since as I mentioned before actual conservative Christians have respect for Judaism and strongly support the state of Israel. While they want Jews to accept Jesus they still believe they were the "chosen people." Anything to make conservative Christians look bad. It's pathetic and, IMO, evil. There is a growing anti-Christian sentiment in England where apparently someone has suggested a law that people should remove crucifixes from their homes so that Atheist houseclenears aren't offended. Will they next have to remove Bibles too? The Archbishop of Canterbury has actually suggested that sharia law should be in force in some places in England. Muslims outnumber practicing Christians and yet people need to remove crucifixes. Shocked
AustenFan
AustenFan

Back to top Go down

2 news stories Empty Re: 2 news stories

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down