Lindisfarne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

O Brave New World

5 posters

Go down

O Brave New World Empty O Brave New World

Post  cradlerc Wed May 13, 2009 8:46 pm

that has such people in it!

http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2009/may/09051201.html

I know we're probably all sick to death of talking about abortion, so feel free not to respond. But when I see these things I just have to share them.
cradlerc
cradlerc

Back to top Go down

O Brave New World Empty Re: O Brave New World

Post  just4once Wed May 13, 2009 9:07 pm

I had to stop reading, couldn't finish 😢
just4once
just4once

Back to top Go down

O Brave New World Empty Pretty horrible.

Post  cradlerc Wed May 13, 2009 10:39 pm

I want to hope that now we're reaching some of the logical ends of abortion, people will wake up. But afraid that maybe the opposite is happening. 😢
cradlerc
cradlerc

Back to top Go down

O Brave New World Empty It''s not really a surprise that sex-selective abortion

Post  VicarJoe Thu May 14, 2009 7:34 am

tends to mean destroying female fetuses. What a step forward for women's rights, to see girls in utero killed off for being girls.

As the story said, she "already had" two girls. Who could possibly want a third, right?

The first thing it reminded me of was the disappointment of my kids when we go to the McDonald's drive-through, and they order the happy meal and get a toy they already have. Seriously, it's that level of consumerism.
VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

O Brave New World Empty The slippery slope.....

Post  stihl Thu May 14, 2009 10:21 am

....just got sprayed wtih "Pam".
stihl
stihl

Back to top Go down

O Brave New World Empty You''re right stihl.

Post  cradlerc Thu May 14, 2009 12:26 pm

And I like the analogy, joe.

This reminds me of a book I read a while ago, called amandabright@home. In it, Amanda, a self-proclaimed liberal who shops at Wholly Foods (I love that) is trying to negotiate her new role as a stay at home mother. ANyway, it's interesting because the novel, which is satorical, is trying to set forth the whole range of ways that mothering gets politicized. Anyway, I brought it up because one of Amanda's friends says something like what joe just said, that when people tell Amanda that one boy and one girl "is the perfect setup", they're indicating that they've bought into the consumer mentality about children. I can't count how many people asked me if we were "trying for a boy" with our pregnancies after the first. I'd always reply, "no, we're trying for a baby."

Speaking of which, one of them "wants to snuggle," so I'll be back later. sunny
cradlerc
cradlerc

Back to top Go down

O Brave New World Empty Sex-selective abortion

Post  SursumCorda Sun May 17, 2009 5:38 pm

I couldn't finish reading the article, either; how terribly sad. Thank you for sharing it, though, cradle; I think it's important to be aware, and I will go back and finish when I'm feeling more up to it -- maybe after I've had a glass of wine. ;)

You hit on one of my biggest pet peeves in the world: people -- not only family but also complete strangers -- who feel obliged to comment on the number and sex of your children. I have two girls and a boy (he's the youngest), and I have always been hard put to graciously respond when someone says "Oh, you have your boy, now, so you're done, right?" Evil or Very Mad

One of my closest friends has 9 boys and 1 girl, and another good friend has 5 girls. They get comments like
this all the time. I'm not sure why people feel they have the right to comment on this. I also don't like the implications (e.g., that one must "try" for a girl or boy, or a certain balance, etc.).

It seems that nobody is immune. My sister has two kids, and she gets "Oh, you've got one boy and one girl; how perfect!"
SursumCorda
SursumCorda

Back to top Go down

O Brave New World Empty Re: O Brave New World

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down