Lindisfarne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hello old friends

2 posters

Go down

hello old friends Empty hello old friends

Post  VicarJoe Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:21 pm

It's been ages since I've been here. I tend to do that: dry up and blow away. LOL But actually, I haven't been as on fire about defending the faith lately. I think for me it reached a kind of critical mass where I no longer felt like I needed to talk about it or think about it much. I have felt comfortable with it.

The other thing, which I hesitate to mention here because I certainly don't want to create a wedge between myself and anyone who is a fellow Christian, is that I've been spending most of my time in political quarrels. It was several months ago that I became deeply, deeply concerned about the way the country was headed, especially with regards to the healthcare initiatives before the Congress, but also over other issues. And there was this nagging sense that something really creepy was happening, where again and again the media and the facts diverged. So I've been thinking more and more about politics, and while I don't want to think I'm thinking less about religion, I'm less needing to discuss it. I know IT'S not going anywhere, where I really worry that the things about the country that matter to me COULD go away, and not in the distant future, but soon. So that's the fight I've been in.

If you're interested to know what I've been thinking about, you can see my new blog at the following link. If my political commentary is not your cup of tea, that's of course fine too. I just wanted to mention it so you wouldn't all think I'd died or something. I don't want to bring that stuff here, because I really don't think any party or philosophy has a monopoly on faith or culture. But if you're interested...

ivorytowerofpower.blogspot.com Sleep
VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

hello old friends Empty Hey Joe

Post  cradlerc Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:05 am

It's good to "see" you here. I haven't posted as much msyelf, for an opposite reason--I have been interested in defending the faith, but have been invested in doing it a venue that's difficult and requires a lot of diplomacy! So I've been reading a lot, and praying a lot lately.

I'll check out your new blog--I haven't been paying hardly any attention to politics, I'm sorry to say, but I'm willing to be persuaded to think about politics again. Very Happy I'm so fed up with newspaper stories about Catholics "luring" members away fromthe Anglicans, and banning Halloween, that I could spit. You sound like you're in a much better place than I am, in terms of religion at least. Very Happy
cradlerc
cradlerc

Back to top Go down