Lindisfarne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project2996-Remembering 9/11 victims

2 posters

Go down

Project2996-Remembering 9/11 victims Empty Project2996-Remembering 9/11 victims

Post  AustenFan Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:16 am

I came across this website designed to remember the 2996 victims of 9/11. Apparently you can sign up, be assigned a name, do research on one of the unique and loved people whose lost their life in that terrible act of violence and write a memorial. If you click on the names with the stars those people have already written a tribute. To read them is heartwrenching, but powerful. I would encourage people to sign up (I'm not sure if all the names are taken or not). You don't have to have your own website; You can link to the website provided. The first website is about the project and contains some memorials. The second is the actual memorials page for the project

http://project2996.wordpress.com/

http://friendsofproject2996.wordpress.com/
AustenFan
AustenFan

Back to top Go down

Project2996-Remembering 9/11 victims Empty According to the website

Post  AustenFan Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:27 am

they only have 1000 or so people signed up, so there is still time to get a name if you like; I just did.
AustenFan
AustenFan

Back to top Go down

Project2996-Remembering 9/11 victims Empty Thanks for the heads-up, Austenfan

Post  SursumCorda Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:54 pm

I will definitely check out that site. I used to have the CNN tribute page -- which sounds similar
to the page you mentioned -- bookmarked, but I somehow lost it when we moved and got a new
PC.

I think sites such as these are helpful, because when the number of deceased is so very large,
as with 9/11 and, to offer another (admittedly dated) example, the Titatnic, then it almost
ceases to mean anything. It's important, I think, to realized that those lost were individuals with
hopes, dreams, talents, etc.
SursumCorda
SursumCorda

Back to top Go down

Project2996-Remembering 9/11 victims Empty Re: Project2996-Remembering 9/11 victims

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum