Lindisfarne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Release of Lockerbie Bomber

3 posters

Go down

Release of Lockerbie Bomber Empty Release of Lockerbie Bomber

Post  AustenFan Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:22 pm

Apparently there are a lot of people really upset over the decision by Scotland to release the Lockerbie Bomber on compassionate grounds because of his terminal protrate cancer. While some relatives of victims are in agreement with the decision, many are not. I believe that he should not be released as he did not serve his full term, nor did he ask for fogiveness. His family could have been brought over for a visit or he could have talked to them by phone. I am posting a link to a post on this from a website for traditional Epicopalians. The comments following are also interesting. I agree with the post from "Sacredotal" #3. The HOB referred to in the title is the "House of Bishops"
and "House of Delegates" in the Episcopal church. Apparently they have a chat website or something like that.

What are your attitudes towards this release?

http://www.standfirminfaith.com/?/sf/page/24576
AustenFan
AustenFan

Back to top Go down

Release of Lockerbie Bomber Empty P.S.

Post  AustenFan Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:24 pm

I am including it because a letter that the poster refers to says that releasing the bomber was a "Christlike act", although I don't believe that the Secretary who made the decison used that terminolgy.
AustenFan
AustenFan

Back to top Go down

Release of Lockerbie Bomber Empty Re: Release of Lockerbie Bomber

Post  SursumCorda Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:49 am

I do not believe Al Megrahi should have been released, esp. because he never expressed regret. And his "hero's welcome" -- or reports of it, I should say, because I avoided those news articles -- is nauseating.

The article, and the following posts, brought up again some interesting discussion points regarding repentance, forgiveness, etc.
SursumCorda
SursumCorda

Back to top Go down

Release of Lockerbie Bomber Empty As I've said before

Post  Thereforeiam Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:00 pm

we are at war with these people who promote and celebrate the killings of innocents through terrorism. If we act wimpy or give in at all to their demands, they will interpret that as a sign of weakness to further their goals. This guy should have been executed after his trial with plenty of publicity. That would send the proper message IMO.
Thereforeiam
Thereforeiam

Back to top Go down

Post  SursumCorda Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:39 pm

I was more than a little irked by Gadhafi's (sp?) son's ignorant quote along the lines of "What is
everyone so angry about? Now trade relations between Britain and Libya can begin." Evil or Very Mad
SursumCorda
SursumCorda

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum