Lindisfarne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new golden rule:

3 posters

Go down

The new golden rule: Empty The new golden rule:

Post  cradlerc Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:50 pm

According to Wow Wow Wubzy, a kids show on Noggin: "Just remember the golden rule: just be yourself, and you'll be cool."

Thank heavens for Catholic school--my older daughter wandered in and,without breaking her stride, muttered, "THAT's not the golden rule, it's 'love others as yourself'" and wandered out.

But it was a scary moment of preschool indoctrination into the culture of naracissism, nonetheless. My other favorite is Ni Hao Kailan, with the pearl of wisdom that when you don't feel special, you should think about what you do really well. Now my kids answer back,"no,what makes you special is that you're a child of God."

LOL. I suppose I could just ban the thing--but then who would babysit the kids? (That was a joke,puritan trolls).
cradlerc
cradlerc

Back to top Go down

The new golden rule: Empty Wow wow wubzzy, wubbzy wubbzy wow

Post  VicarJoe Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:29 am

It is catchy.

That's too funny. The golden rule is: you are the one you seek!

Vanity thy name is Noggin.
VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

The new golden rule: Empty Yikes...!

Post  SursumCorda Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:22 am

I should pay closer attention to what my kids are watching. My youngest used to love
Wow Wow Wubbzy, and because it was on Noggin, I assumed (crucial mistake) it
was OK.

CradleRC, I'm impressed with your children! That's great.

And I agree; thank God for Catholic/Christian schools. It's been a huge financial sacrifice, but
it is well worth it IMO. And now that my girls are getting older (11 and 12), I am very grateful
for the school uniform policy, although of course they detest it, LOL.
SursumCorda
SursumCorda

Back to top Go down

The new golden rule: Empty One more quick thing

Post  SursumCorda Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:40 am

about kids: When mine were younger and they heard someone take the Lord's name in vain, they'd
be quick to point out "He/she said a bad word!" I had to clarify that point to them. It was cute,
though!
SursumCorda
SursumCorda

Back to top Go down

The new golden rule: Empty That's funny, sursum.

Post  cradlerc Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:15 pm

I've found that to be a weird thing, too--on so many shows, people will say "Oh my God!" habitually. I've trained my kids to say "oh my gosh," so they really notice it, too.

And I wouldn't worry TOO much about noggin stuff--it's mostly quite good, but I notice that there's still an overemphasis on "self-esteem" and specialness. It's those tween shows that drive me nuts now.
cradlerc
cradlerc

Back to top Go down

The new golden rule: Empty Re: The new golden rule:

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum