Lindisfarne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weston Priory Music

5 posters

Go down

Weston Priory Music Empty Weston Priory Music

Post  HumbleHank Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:55 pm

I hope you are all enjoying a wonderful and restful summer.

I thought that I would share a song with you that was used in our Sunday liturgy this past weekend. It was used after our homily and I was really moved by the song. It was "All I Ask of You" by Weston Priory and can be heard at the weblink below. Enjoy the song. It looks as though much more of their music is accessible at this website by going to their homepage.

http://wpriorymusic.wordpress.com/2008/02/12/listen/

Peace to you my Brothers and Sisters
HumbleHank
HumbleHank

Back to top Go down

Weston Priory Music Empty Thanks, Hank

Post  VicarJoe Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:06 pm

I hope you're having a restful summer as well. Muggy here in Syracuse!
VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

Weston Priory Music Empty Re: Weston Priory Music

Post  HumbleHank Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:14 pm

Hi Joe,

My summer has had its restful moments in between things like little league baseball, house painting and yard work. The highlight has certainly been a week camping in the Adirondacks with my family. That has always been a rejuvenating destination for me. Here is a moment I captured of my son out on an early morning fishing excursion.

Weston Priory Music Early-12

I keep trying to find mental rest in the chores of parenthood and home ownership, but it doesn't come as easily for me as immersing myself in the natural setting of the mountains - and the humidity is rarely as high up there as it can be down here.

Peace to you.
HumbleHank
HumbleHank

Back to top Go down

Weston Priory Music Empty Great picture.

Post  Thereforeiam Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:37 am

Did he catch anything? Assuming he did, how did you prepare and cook it? Wish I could trade places with you this week. LOL Laughing
Thereforeiam
Thereforeiam

Back to top Go down

Weston Priory Music Empty Hi Thereforeiam

Post  HumbleHank Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:23 am

Our time up there was actually a few weeks ago now.

We fished from our canoe every morning that week. As I recall, that was one of the slower fishing days. He did have one morning where he must have caught thirty pumpkin seeds, along with a few perch and a small bass. We released everthing. He did a fine job hooking them as I don't believe he let one of them swallow the hook. I have never eaten pumpkin seeds, but when I was telling the story to my father, he remembered spending hours catching pumpkin seeds up on the St. Lawrence River and then taking them to his Native American grandmother who had a method of salting and curing them for eating throughout the winter. That would have been during the 1930's.

In addition to catching the smaller fish with my boys, I had some fun looking for the bigger bass in the lake. I found three of them. My other son did surprise me when he caught a 13 inch bullhead too.

It definately was a great week.

Peace
HumbleHank
HumbleHank

Back to top Go down

Weston Priory Music Empty That's a great pic

Post  VicarJoe Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:27 pm

I'm like you, with the constant home improvement projects all summer long.
VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

Weston Priory Music Empty That's a wonderful picture, Hank.

Post  cradlerc Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:55 pm

Ditto on the home improvement. I really think I could just camp forever and be happy--small spaces, basic chores, beautiful nature. Where does all of this STUFF come from? And where is it supposed to go? Sometimes my house just wears me out.
cradlerc
cradlerc

Back to top Go down

Weston Priory Music Empty Beautiful photo, Hank

Post  AustenFan Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:51 am

Thanks for sharing it.

It's been a long time since I was fishing; I used to enjoy freshwater fishing and particularly fishing for trout. We are in the midle of home improvment project that involves putting down and painting a floor. My husband and brother-in-law are doing most of the work, but it-of course, involved taking the stove, refrigerator, etc. out of the kitchen. We haven't been able to use the stove-which is a pain in the neck-and getting into the kitchen is like doing an obstacle course. Now my husband is putting down polyurethane and it smells awful. I really apprecaite their hard work, and it will look really nice, but doing this in a house with no central air conditioning when it's in the 90's outside
has made it harder for the guys. I'm sure my husband would like to be in the Adirondacks.

On a pleasanter note, my son is at a UM camp enjoying (hopefully) a pool, stream hikes, campfires, the nearbye lake and worship and Bible study. He had never been away from home for more than a day or two, but we haven't gotten any calls, so I assume he is doing o.k. The setting is beautiful. I wish we could be someplace like that. We have dogs I never made kennel arrangments for, so I think there will be no vacation for us, aside from the fact that my husband is now laid off (sigh) so we are trying to watch our money.
AustenFan
AustenFan

Back to top Go down

Weston Priory Music Empty I'm sorry to hear about your husband's job, Austen.

Post  cradlerc Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:15 pm

Will pray for a remedy to the situation.

Your kitchen story: I'll remind myself of it when I clean my inexplicably white floor tiles for the fifth time in one week.

White? What were the previous owners thinking?
cradlerc
cradlerc

Back to top Go down

Weston Priory Music Empty I admire your industry

Post  AustenFan Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:57 pm

Cradle. I probably wouldn't clean it as much. The linoleum in the kitchen before was white with a design in blue. The people renting it before we moved back in chose that. I guess white is used to brighten a room, but it's not a good color for high traffic areas. We now have a biege and light brown checkerboard design which hopefully will be a bit better to clean, but things are never really all that clean with hairy dogs-one of which is black and quite hairy, and who likes to sleep on the cool kitchen floor in the summer.
AustenFan
AustenFan

Back to top Go down

Weston Priory Music Empty Re: Weston Priory Music

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down