Lindisfarne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

North Korea

5 posters

Go down

North Korea Empty North Korea

Post  stihl Thu May 28, 2009 12:14 pm

Am I missing something. North Korea in the last week has detonated a nuclear bomb, praticed with missles that can reach South Korea and Japan, has said they are now ignoring the truce with South Korea and will attack it.

This story was aired this morning 15 minuntes into the broadcast and merited about 10 seconds of coverage.

I am glad the media has its priorties right. clown
stihl
stihl

Back to top Go down

North Korea Empty Actually the best thing

Post  Thereforeiam Thu May 28, 2009 1:10 pm

to do is to not give this nut too much publicity. I'm fairly confident the Chinese and the Russians will put the kabosh on North Korea at some point soon. They along with South Korea and Japan have the most to lose should things heat up more than they are currently. Stock markets react to this kind of situation severely if left unresolved. In the modern day economies of China and Russia, that is a big problem.
Thereforeiam
Thereforeiam

Back to top Go down

North Korea Empty CNN..

Post  BelievHUman Thu May 28, 2009 3:27 pm

South Korean, U.S. forces raise surveillance alert level

SEOUL, South Korea (CNN) -- South Korean and U.S. forces have been placed on a higher surveillance alert level, after North Korea threatened military action following its nuclear test earlier this week, the joint forces announced on Thursday.
South Korean soldiers use binoculars to look at North Korea on Wednesday in Paju, South Korea.

South Korean soldiers use binoculars to look at North Korea on Wednesday in Paju, South Korea.

The "Watchcon" alert was raised to its second-highest level on Thursday, a government spokeswoman told CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/05/28/north.korea.alert/index.html
BelievHUman
BelievHUman

Back to top Go down

North Korea Empty I noticed what Stihl noticed, though

Post  VicarJoe Thu May 28, 2009 3:29 pm

My mom called and in passing mentioned that Kim Jong Il had exploded another nuke and declared the korean war truce over, that it was war again. You'd think the news might have had that on, but there were stories about everything else but. It was weird. If someone launches World War 3 and no one pays attention, is it really war?
VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

North Korea Empty It has been a bit odd.

Post  cradlerc Thu May 28, 2009 6:31 pm

I will say this: my mom just happened to be Washington D.C. this past weekend, rubbing shoulders with White House bigwigs (it's a long story). She said it was a really big deal, that an event she was attending got cut short because Obama had to leave toute suite, and while it's not like she has access to big secrets, I got the sense that it was definitely a source of BIG concern.
cradlerc
cradlerc

Back to top Go down

North Korea Empty It's not funny but...

Post  stihl Fri May 29, 2009 10:03 am

The moring network news had the "voting controversy" on American Idol ahead of the potential of WWWIII. I guess they are giving the public what they want. 🇹🇩
stihl
stihl

Back to top Go down

North Korea Empty Re: North Korea

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down