Lindisfarne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Presenting your child's role-model, Kanye West

5 posters

Go down

Presenting your child's role-model, Kanye West Empty Presenting your child's role-model, Kanye West

Post  VicarJoe Wed May 27, 2009 12:40 pm

NEW YORK (Reuters) – Rapper Kanye West does not read books or respect them but nevertheless he has written one that he would like you to buy and read.

His book is 52 pages -- some blank, others with just a few words -- and offers his optimistic philosophy on life. One two-page section reads, "Life is 5% what happens and 95% how you react!" Another page reads "I hate the word hate!"

"This is a collection of thoughts and theories," West, 31, said in an interview about his spiral-bound volume, which was written with J. Sakiya Sandifer.

West said he put his thoughts in a book because "I get paraphrased and misquoted all the time." He calls his wisdom "Kanye-isms."

"Sometimes people write novels and they just be so wordy and so self-absorbed," West said. "I am not a fan of books. I would never want a book's autograph.

"I am a proud non-reader of books. I like to get information from doing stuff like actually talking to people and living real life," he said.

West, a college dropout, said being a non-reader was helpful when he wrote his book because it gave him "a childlike purity."

study
VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

Presenting your child's role-model, Kanye West Empty We will have to take him at his "word"

Post  stihl Wed May 27, 2009 12:54 pm

That the economy of words didn't reflect an economy of effort with a longing for easy revenue.

This from the man who announced that President Bush had brought US troops from Iraq to shoot blacks fleeing from New Orleans. He also displays a remarkable economy of thought. Almost childlike. albino
stihl
stihl

Back to top Go down

Presenting your child's role-model, Kanye West Empty Awesome.

Post  cradlerc Wed May 27, 2009 12:57 pm

I have come across quite a few non-readers in my lifetime. It's nice that they have a role model.
cradlerc
cradlerc

Back to top Go down

Presenting your child's role-model, Kanye West Empty I'm dumbstruck

Post  just4once Wed May 27, 2009 2:10 pm

Two quotes that left me shaking my head.

"I would never want a book's autograph." and ""I am a proud non-reader of books"

Maybe if he was a reader, he wouldn't sound so ignorant.
study study study
just4once
just4once

Back to top Go down

Presenting your child's role-model, Kanye West Empty At one point in the interview

Post  VicarJoe Wed May 27, 2009 3:49 pm

the journalists asks: Are you trying to be Confucius?

Kanye West says: No, I'm trying to make the world less confusing.

Presenting your child's role-model, Kanye West 96239

Mrs Joe liked the idea of a 52 page book, with lots of blank pages and lots of pages with one sentence only, that required a co-writer.
VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

Presenting your child's role-model, Kanye West Empty Oh. My.

Post  HaroldAngel Thu May 28, 2009 2:36 pm

God.

affraid
HaroldAngel
HaroldAngel

Back to top Go down

Presenting your child's role-model, Kanye West Empty Re: Presenting your child's role-model, Kanye West

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum