Lindisfarne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

about the RCC child abuse

+2
cradlerc
AsADeerPants
6 posters

Go down

about the RCC child abuse Empty about the RCC child abuse

Post  AsADeerPants Tue May 26, 2009 4:35 pm

This post will almost certain to be deleted. But I don't want it be deleted so I bring it here. Not that I am proud but well.... I want to make a statement.

" cfundie also by AsADeerPants, 5/26/09

the more I think about; I realize that you don't care anything about the children. You have been told many times that no one is excusing the Catholic cleric that engaged in it. I just told you that some very conservative Catholics have been very angry at the RCC. But YOU DON'T LISTEN instead you pretend that they those facts don't exist.

You, Heathen57, SL don't care at all about the victims but instead want to make false arguments. But that is actually at the expense of the victims. You all three are very sick people, on this topic. You are in some ways worst then the Priests that did the crime. "

Hyperbole? Well maybe. But I am certain their supposed concern about the victims is FALSE. And that they keep saying they are disgusts me to no end.

I hope I offended no one
AsADeerPants
AsADeerPants

Back to top Go down

about the RCC child abuse Empty I'm not offended.

Post  cradlerc Tue May 26, 2009 4:44 pm

I think you're absolutely right, and this is a good placw to put a post that you're worried will get deleted, also.

As well, we can actually have a conversation about it.

I think this is the most offensvie thing to me about "rico" aka Pete LaFond: I just don;t think it's for real, and he feeds the nastiness of a whole group of people who only pretend to care about this issue, when what they really care about is. . .being nasty. I know the I, and literally every single parishioner I know, has been dismayed and shaken and outraged by the scandal in the church.
cradlerc
cradlerc

Back to top Go down

about the RCC child abuse Empty It's certainly not believable that they care about the issue

Post  VicarJoe Tue May 26, 2009 5:38 pm

as anything other than a cudgel with which to beat the church. They're not, for example, interested in abuse cases in the home. Or abuse cases in schools. Or abuse cases in other religious venues. It seems totally obvious that a child-centered concern would be just as interested in stopping abuse in public schools as churches, etc. And yes, finally, the exploitation of children as the basis of one's church-bashing is despicable.
VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

about the RCC child abuse Empty At this point

Post  AustenFan Tue May 26, 2009 5:56 pm

I simply don't believe he who will not be named. He has had so many handles (while claiming he only poste under two) some of which have been stalkers and incredibly verbally abusive, has changed his story so much, has claimed that he was going to go forward with a case and hasn't that I think for whatever reason he uses the story to troll-and that's it. People can be whoever they want to be on forums, and I am not required to take his story as the truth because he claims it is so. That doesn;t make me a mean person unsympathetic to the terrible plight of abused kids

And it is true that some people don't bother to investigate abuse in other places saying things like, "It doesn't hapen that much in the school." Bull___, Kids are with teachers eight hours or longer a day. It most certainly does happen in the school. I have known of people it's happened to and the teachers were sent to other districts and kept their jobs.
AustenFan
AustenFan

Back to top Go down

about the RCC child abuse Empty In his original story

Post  VicarJoe Tue May 26, 2009 6:06 pm

he wrote of speaking with two FBI agents. Then it changed to one FBI agent. Then it changed to three FBI agents. When I asked for clarity, that is when he started to abuse me and call me a pedophile priest. Till then, I had been sympathetic, but I started noticing the shifting sands of his story. And that just set him off.
VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

about the RCC child abuse Empty I was going to let this go

Post  Thereforeiam Tue May 26, 2009 7:09 pm

but since we are on the subject and I rarely have voiced an opinion on it with you folks and I risk the chance of being in deep do-do. Oh well, here goes.

I played golf with a big time criminal lawyer last Thursday and I asked him (among other things) about the potential/probable guilt and coverups within the Syracuse Catholic Diocese that still exist today. He replied that there are numerous solid cases, many of which are hiding behind statute of limitations clauses. Yet, he cautioned me to keep my thinking clear on the subject.

This lawyer defended an accused priest and it became a sensationalized story in the media. He said it never should have made it to trial and the evidence (what little there was) was totally bogus. The priest was easily found innocent but was devasted by the whole experience and never totally recovered. (Rico, are you reading this?)

The lawyer and I are in agreement that The Catholic Church needs to come clean on these abuses, whatever the economic cost. It's just the right thing to do. Either way, the end result will unfortunately be closer government scrutiny and intervention into the affairs of all religions, Christian or otherwise.
Thereforeiam
Thereforeiam

Back to top Go down

about the RCC child abuse Empty Hi, Therefore

Post  AustenFan Tue May 26, 2009 7:38 pm

Of course I am not Roman Catholic, but I am wondering why you think your post would get you in "deep doo-doo?" Nothing particularly inflammatory in it. I think there probably were coverups which should be investigated, and I also think that there are priests who are accused who did nothing wrong. If it could (and did) happen with Cardinal Bernardine-being accused because of political or mercenary motives-then I am not surprised it happened to a priest or priests in Syracuse. BTW, Bernardine's accuser recanted and he was received back into the church and given last rites by Bernardine before he died from AIDS.
AustenFan
AustenFan

Back to top Go down

about the RCC child abuse Empty I feel like an idiot.

Post  stihl Wed May 27, 2009 9:16 am

I got sucked in by "He Who Must Not be Named". I responded to him with sympathy, kindness and suggestions for healing. I imagine now that he was having a good laugh at getting another "poster" to jump through his hoop. I am a slow learner.

Is he for real? I honestly don't know. But I do realize this, that as soon as anyone begins to pin him down, he plays the mental illness card. "I can't concentrate, can't focus, delayed stress disorder..." In the mean time his "holy handgrenade posts" are rather congent and well written, hmmmmm. The man gives mental illness a bad name.

Sorry for polluting this forum by bringing him up. :puke:
stihl
stihl

Back to top Go down

about the RCC child abuse Empty Re: about the RCC child abuse

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down