Lindisfarne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An eyewitness account of the rally at Notre Dame.

4 posters

Go down

An eyewitness account of the rally at Notre Dame. Empty An eyewitness account of the rally at Notre Dame.

Post  cradlerc Mon May 18, 2009 7:56 pm

cradlerc
cradlerc

Back to top Go down

An eyewitness account of the rally at Notre Dame. Empty But of course

Post  AustenFan Mon May 18, 2009 8:05 pm

Pravda Press ignored it completely. Suspect
AustenFan
AustenFan

Back to top Go down

An eyewitness account of the rally at Notre Dame. Empty Nope, you won''t find this elsewhere.

Post  cradlerc Mon May 18, 2009 8:48 pm

The good thing, or the bad thing depending on your POV, is that it's made me skeptical of ALL news coverage. On the other hand, I think there's a special blindness when it comes ot religion in the media.
cradlerc
cradlerc

Back to top Go down

An eyewitness account of the rally at Notre Dame. Empty I found one of the most telling lines

Post  VicarJoe Mon May 18, 2009 9:06 pm

this one: A reporter from the local Fox affiliate was there for some of it, but he seemed to be filming the crowd, not the speaker…..

But of course. Fox wants to report it not because they care what people believe and what these great speakers are saying, but because it's anti-Obama. The message isn't important, only the target.

But what a beautiful description of the event. Made me wish I was there.
VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

An eyewitness account of the rally at Notre Dame. Empty This is probably not

Post  AustenFan Tue May 19, 2009 10:20 am

the appropriate place for it, but I just wanted to include this bit of humor from an ex Anglican who is now a RC priest. He has various amusing personas he takes on in his blog. This one, Tood Unctous, addresses Notre Dame. (Scroll about a quarter of the way down. I think someone posted this website before. I like it. I don't always agree with it, but I like it. I particularly enjoyed "We must find people who will not compromise on compromising." LOL

http://gkupsidedown.blogspot.com/
AustenFan
AustenFan

Back to top Go down

An eyewitness account of the rally at Notre Dame. Empty the media is fairly consistent

Post  stihl Tue May 19, 2009 10:39 am

They believe that heated controversy sells. They are probably correct.

I work in the area of natural resources. My experience has been that the extreme postions of any issue are the ones that garner the media attention. The best information on any issue is epsoused by the calm, thoughtful and non-salaious who never attract media attention. :(
stihl
stihl

Back to top Go down

An eyewitness account of the rally at Notre Dame. Empty Another great line from Todd Unctuous, from afan''s link

Post  VicarJoe Tue May 19, 2009 10:50 am

"I have a friend who is a devout Catholic who is lapsed."

I think we all know some of those from the other forum.
VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

An eyewitness account of the rally at Notre Dame. Empty Re: An eyewitness account of the rally at Notre Dame.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum