Lindisfarne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well, I sincerely doubt

3 posters

Go down

Well, I sincerely doubt Empty Well, I sincerely doubt

Post  AustenFan Mon May 18, 2009 2:32 pm

Agent or Sparkpapi wants to be here. Agent because he doesn't want to "lectured" to although he repeatedly gets on his own soapbox, and papi because he's pretty much of a troll-although usually a fairly good mannered one. He just likes to stir things up. As far as Rico's various handles (As I remarked, I knew old handles would come out of the woodwork when he had no one to talk to) I hope they'll stay on thjeir side of the fence. ;)
AustenFan
AustenFan

Back to top Go down

Well, I sincerely doubt Empty Sorry about that

Post  AustenFan Mon May 18, 2009 2:35 pm

I meant that to be a reply to Joe's post about going back to syracuse.com to do rescue missions. I think that's a good idea.
AustenFan
AustenFan

Back to top Go down

Well, I sincerely doubt Empty I don''t know

Post  VicarJoe Mon May 18, 2009 3:35 pm

I've never been a big fan of polite condescension. Give me it straight, not with a superior sneer and a facade of civility.

It reminds me of a great moment in Chesterton, where he is praising a bus driver, circa 1910. The driver is asked, "what would you say if I told you that I was going to take ten percent of your pay, but you'd have free health care?" And the driver responds, "well, sir, I'd say that if you did that I'd punch your head off at the root." Chesterton chuckles and says, Isn't it refreshing to hear someone speak so clearly?
VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

Well, I sincerely doubt Empty I''m with you, Joe

Post  HaroldAngel Mon May 18, 2009 5:34 pm

And, as usual, you've said it much better than I could. I remain convinced that papi is not who he makes himself out to be. And agent is nothing more than a caricature, and cannot be taken seriously on any level.
HaroldAngel
HaroldAngel

Back to top Go down

Well, I sincerely doubt Empty Re: Well, I sincerely doubt

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum