Lindisfarne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am the Warlock

4 posters

Go down

I am the Warlock Empty I am the Warlock

Post  HaroldAngel Fri May 15, 2009 12:15 pm

Friday is referring to. It's a long, boring story, and it's ancient history. I was a part of her forum years ago, and was well-liked there. They loved that I was so well spoken when attacking Christians. Then I figured out neo-paganism and abandoned it, returning to the Church. My handle was UCCatholic. The UC stood for undercover, not unconditional. Prior to that, I posted on all of the forums as woodspirit.

To them, warlock means oathbreaker. What's realy interesting is I was very careful, when dabbling in paganism, to never, ever take an oath. I feel very strongly that the Holy Spirit kept me safe during that period.

Although it all ended badly, I've moved on with my life. Would that Friday and her clan would as well.

So that's that. Sad, silly story. Rolling Eyes
HaroldAngel
HaroldAngel

Back to top Go down

I am the Warlock Empty I am the walrus

Post  stihl Fri May 15, 2009 12:43 pm

koo koo ka choo.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. cyclops

I did enjoy our post. It is enlightening to hear from folks that have gone to another perspective and back. pirat arrrrgha
stihl
stihl

Back to top Go down

I am the Warlock Empty I am the eggman

Post  VicarJoe Fri May 15, 2009 1:53 pm

That was my first thought, but stihl beat me to it.

There's something very unsettling about the idea of harassing someone as an "oathbreaker" for having second thoughts. Not that Christianity didn't at one time have its apostates. But, seriously, when I hear someone has left my church or the faith, I don't have some sworn enemy term for them.

Incidentally, I've had plenty of neo-pags get all up in my grill, yo yo yo, because my church doesn't embrace the divorce culture. Suspect

So they can be a bit choosy about which oaths matter.
VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

I am the Warlock Empty To be fair

Post  HaroldAngel Fri May 15, 2009 2:38 pm

to Friday, there is a lot more to the story than the nutshell version I gave. Most people there were accepting of my change in direction. But I do agree with you.
HaroldAngel
HaroldAngel

Back to top Go down

I am the Warlock Empty Well, thanks for clearing that one up.

Post  cradlerc Fri May 15, 2009 5:33 pm

I hadn't the foggiest idea what she was talking about, as per usual. And it's always interesting to hear about people who leave the church and then come back. I wasn't into neo-paganism back in the day, I was more of a pretend Buddhist-slash-Universalist. But I can completely understand how people, especially young people, are drawn to wicca and neo-paganism. I was always a sucker for new-age shops, tarot cards, ouija boards (had a few strange experiences there) etc., when I was younger.

And I agree with joe, that it's bizarre to have terms like warlock thrown around; in particular, it's bizarre because the person using it claims to be ever-so-tolerant of all beliefs and b) because I can't understand its significance. in any way--who is the community to whom one is sworn when one is a witch, exactly? They're always claiming there isn't any organization to the thing. Rolling Eyes
cradlerc
cradlerc

Back to top Go down

I am the Warlock Empty That was indeed

Post  HaroldAngel Fri May 15, 2009 5:38 pm

One of the most bizarre and comical interchanges I've seen on any online forum! She was so adamantly refusing to use my name, did NOTHING to clarify and yet she blamed YOU for misunderstanding HER. Welcome to the rabbit hole, Alice!
HaroldAngel
HaroldAngel

Back to top Go down

I am the Warlock Empty She gets a kick out of that kind of exchange

Post  cradlerc Fri May 15, 2009 11:01 pm

and who am I not to oblige her? Who says I'm not a good Christian? Very Happy
cradlerc
cradlerc

Back to top Go down

I am the Warlock Empty Re: I am the Warlock

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content