Lindisfarne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Above the Law?

3 posters

Go down

Above the Law? Empty Above the Law?

Post  Thereforeiam Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:51 am

The "Thriller's" provclevaties somehow avoided felony or misdemeanor charges all these years. Good and expensive lawyers and payoffs to the victims probably kept him from trial and possibly prison. It may be shocking to discover how little his net worth was at the end. Obviously a great talent but he sorta reminds me of another great talent, Vincent Van Gogh. Also a tragic life IMO.
Thereforeiam
Thereforeiam

Back to top Go down

Above the Law? Empty Therefore.......

Post  stihl Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:30 pm

One of the more depressing realizations in my career is how the goal of reparations trumps social justice.

I have now been involved in too many cases where the offender pays off the victim (not that they weren't entitled to compensation) at the sacrifice of the offender being conficted and, therefore, having no criminal record.

Even this morning, Matt Lauer says, "But wasn't he acquitted of those charges." Is Lauer that stupid? Doesn't he understand how criminal matters are sometimes settled?
stihl
stihl

Back to top Go down

Above the Law? Empty It's interesting to consider

Post  VicarJoe Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:17 pm

how a life without boundaries or negative sanctions can so deeply go astray. I imagine someone surrounded with people who say nothing but Yes to every of his desires, who never hears no, who never feels that there will be consequences or repercussions to his appetites, who sets himself up as the exception to all the rules that others must live by, is doomed to a miserable end. The sad thing is: that kind of life is the goal of progressive secularism for all of us.
VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

Above the Law? Empty Re: Above the Law?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum