Lindisfarne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chuckle........

5 posters

Go down

Chuckle........ Empty Chuckle........

Post  stihl Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:42 pm

...I went back to check responses to my Lindisfarne notice on the Cleveland site. The "cheese" thinks I am stealing. I didn't bother responding. Why bother? moon
stihl
stihl

Back to top Go down

Chuckle........ Empty Not stealing!!!

Post  VicarJoe Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:55 pm

Don't you know we're owned by the advance.net corporation??? Chuckle........ 494795
VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

Chuckle........ Empty We aren't...

Post  AustenFan Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:08 pm

I'm inclined to think he who shall not be named might be- which would explain why certain deletions happen and why he knows some personal info. If so, advance.net has a very dysfuntional person working there who is ripping off their company.
AustenFan
AustenFan

Back to top Go down

Chuckle........ Empty Or, even scarier,

Post  cradlerc Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:16 pm

it's all par for the course on the forums. I'm thinking of the story I read recently about the video game company who faked a Christian protest to their new game. Maybe he's doing the bidding of others Shocked .
cradlerc
cradlerc

Back to top Go down

Chuckle........ Empty And if he is doing the

Post  AustenFan Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:39 pm

bidding of someone else he is (and they are) in the "employ" of "powers and principalities". Imagine doing the kind of crap he does and getting paid for it?!!. Well, he has his reward and it will come to bite him in the butt at some point, if it hasn't already. None of us is perfect, but unrelenting trolling of the most vicious kind is evil. No ifs, ands of buts about it. And if he is just doing because he is mentally ill that is very sad. Very sad.
AustenFan
AustenFan

Back to top Go down

Chuckle........ Empty cuirous road

Post  AsADeerPants Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:55 pm

over at cleveland we spent about 30 posts on whether stil's post was "Spamming". Chiefly you-know-who but another poster called snakebyte lost his focus on the Spam issue.

Clearly the post was not Spam by conventional definition.

It would have been more interesting to focus on whether it is ethical to post a link to another forum. I say it is ethical to do so.. But advanced.net for aggressive marketing purpose (and they have been that way in the past) could pull the post.
AsADeerPants
AsADeerPants

Back to top Go down

Chuckle........ Empty Deer Pants

Post  stihl Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:08 am

Sometime you must tell me the derivation of your curious handle (is the deer being chased?).

I don't want to spend too much time addressing a non-issue. However, I think you made a good point, how many times are we given links to other sites on advanced.net and, how many times have advanced.net sites been posted?

This site does not compete with advanced.net because it is so different. It's be like someone going into Turevalue hardware looking for a doughnut. How is Truevalue loosing business if somebody in the store reffers them to the Dunkin' Doughnuts down the road.

What the advanced.net forum offers is the stimulation of shallow bickering. This forum does not provide that.

Let's call it what it is, empty rhetoric (sp). Chuckle........ 500849
stihl
stihl

Back to top Go down

Chuckle........ Empty As a deer pants...

Post  VicarJoe Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:13 am

VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

Chuckle........ Empty That is beautiful...

Post  stihl Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:23 am

Thanks Joe, that is a beautiful passage. I had images of Bambi's Mother trying to outrun a hunter.

Joe, is that a death mask you are using for your avatar?

Also, PETA is upset that our President swatted a fly. They have sent him live-traps so next time the fly can be released, unharmed, back to the wild. Where it can live out it's existience peacefully, enjoying the same rights afforded humans. Chuckle........ 298494

Last edited by stihl on Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
stihl
stihl

Back to top Go down

Chuckle........ Empty It is a death mask

Post  VicarJoe Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:29 am

What can I say, I like mixing it up?

As for the fly swat, you might get a kick out of this (all true):

On NBC's "Today" show substitute-host David Gregory opened the show declaring: "You just have to appreciate the, the concentration and the precision! Just a few things going on in the world but it's as if everything was stopped and at a standstill for the President to lower the boom." On CBS' "The Early Show," Chris Wragge marveled: "We've also just confirmed the President is a Ninja." And on ABC's "Good Morning America," they even brought out the Telestrator to break down the video as Chris Cuomo offered play-by-play: "You see? He stares at the fly. How many times have each of us tried to do this? Look at the hand coming up. The poise. The cupping. And the quick slap...Just knocked it away, very rare."

VIEIRA: It's, it's like a subtle, subtle warning to the Republicans.

CUOMO: The President has cat-like quickness.
VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

Chuckle........ Empty I think the bickering draws some people

Post  AsADeerPants Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:31 am

Perhaps a few have a love-hate for the bickering.
AsADeerPants
AsADeerPants

Back to top Go down

Chuckle........ Empty Can I say once again

Post  AustenFan Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:15 am

that (except for "Wipeout occasionally) I am so glad that I turned off the T.V. Very Happy
AustenFan
AustenFan

Back to top Go down

Chuckle........ Empty Re: Chuckle........

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down