Lindisfarne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conflict is inevitable....

+4
AustenFan
just4once
VicarJoe
stihl
8 posters

Go down

Conflict is inevitable.... Empty Conflict is inevitable....

Post  stihl Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:48 am

After participating in the Syracuse.com mosh-pit yesterday, I took time to reflect on what really drives people. I think it comes down to this.

The progressives want to spend their lives in comfort and security and say they want the same for everybody (and everything else). In their world they want no pain and no suffering.

Whenever anybody takes a stance and maintains a firm belief is a principle, conflict is inevitable. That is a Truth of our existence.

The only principle that the progressives seem to hold is "there are no principles".

A principle is only a principle when you are willing to sacrifice for it. Up to that point it is only empty retorhric (sp). Talk is cheap.

I notice that with the progressives it is more of a case of "not believing in something" as opposed to "believing in something". Try as they may to spin it the other way.

In my former life as a HAC, I used to thing the Catholic notion of accepting suffering was a way of throwing in the towel, giving up on making the World a better place. That isn't the case at all, we are all bound to try and make the World a better place but must face another Truth, we will never make THIS World a perfect place. The sooner we realize this, the sooner we can actually have a postive impact on the World around us and, more importantly, start moving toward God.

"What man is a Man that does not make the World a better place?" Conflict is inevitable.... 896773
stihl
stihl

Back to top Go down

Conflict is inevitable.... Empty What I found so characteristic of yesterday's mosh pit

Post  VicarJoe Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:03 am

was that I asked the question of what one's position should be regarding abortion if one firmly believes that the life in utero is a person with the same dignity and value as any other person, and not a single pro-abortion poster was willing to answer. Not one. Then when agent reversed the question, we all answered him. And then my thread was deleted. And I was banned for 24 hours.

So, the freethinkers will not entertain ideas other than their own, are wholly close-minded about even considering a question that asks them to think outside their box, and eradicate any commentary that questions their positions.

In the end, I just feel sorry for them. And after a day feeling like Michael Jordan dunking over some third graders, I feel like it's not good for me to let them inflate my ego so much. Conflict is inevitable.... 683163
VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

Conflict is inevitable.... Empty I had to take the day off

Post  just4once Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:27 am

yesterday as I visited the forum on Tuesday and walked away with such a head ache. I can only stomach so much Conflict is inevitable.... 382362
just4once
just4once

Back to top Go down

Conflict is inevitable.... Empty I think the Syracuse forum just imploded

Post  stihl Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:45 am

Joe, I see that most of the last debate was stricken from the record. Also, I had just posted a clarification on my postions that pagans were the lowest in in the eyes of Muslims. I re-stated my postion, that Progressives whould probably be viewed below Pagans and pointed out that the President of Iran said there were no homosexuals living in Iran.

I had one stragne repsonse and then the thread was removed.

I wasn't trying to bust on anybody, I was sincerely trying to get the Progressive to consider how they might be viewed in the Muslim World. I think I was fairly accurate.
stihl
stihl

Back to top Go down

Conflict is inevitable.... Empty It's probably better

Post  AustenFan Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:58 am

to leave that place to it's demise because it had gotten to the point that one needs a long hot shower and lots of soap after venturing on there. I seriously wonder what would happen to Christians and others who aren't on board with the whole progressive POV if some of these people were in power. As I have remarked I had people on religion forums on other sites tell me that they would run over Christians but they don't want to be put in jail, or that they think all pastors should be put in concentration camps. I think that these nutcases were serious.
AustenFan
AustenFan

Back to top Go down

Conflict is inevitable.... Empty Boy, am I glad

Post  Thereforeiam Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:59 pm

I spent yesterday playing in a charity golf tournament. Upon my arrival home at 7:00, I took a glance at the Religion forum to catch up and quit reading soon thereafter. Don't know what had been deleted prior but what was left was nasty enough to turn me off. This is a much better place to exchange and discuss ideas about faith and the world around us.
Thereforeiam
Thereforeiam

Back to top Go down

Conflict is inevitable.... Empty I'm finding myself more and more

Post  HaroldAngel Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:56 pm

Repelled by the forums at Syracuse, NJ and Cleveland. I used to revel in the conflict, but lately it's just offensive and boring. I wonder sometimes what would happen to Syracuse if we all agreed to boycott it for a solid week - or longer - no announcement, no fanfare, just disappear for a week.
HaroldAngel
HaroldAngel

Back to top Go down

Conflict is inevitable.... Empty My best guess, Herald, is this

Post  VicarJoe Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:36 pm

the posts would become ever more histrionic and bigoted and insane for maybe 10 days, and then dry up completely. There would be the initial attempt to bait us back, and then despair that no one's listening to their sordid rants.
VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

Conflict is inevitable.... Empty I particiapted last week

Post  stihl Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:54 am

for the first time since Lindisfarne started.

I found myself drifting toward snarkiness. Maybe because of the emotions that the Progressives elicit, maybe because that is what is necessary to compete.

As Austen put it, I felt like I need a hot soapy shower. Not just because trading posts with the P's is like walking behind a manure spreader, it is because how I start thinking and behaving.

I think a two week boycott, except for advertising this forum would be:

1) good for everybody's soul
2) an interesting experiment.

So, let's do it. Starting this Wedensday at mid-night, all current members of this forum will boycott the Syracuse. com, Cleveland.com and any of the other Progressive mosh-pits.

Except for advertising this forum, do not respond to anything on the Syr.com forum. for one week. Let's see what happens.

What do you all think? If there is some support, I'd be happy to post on Syr.com in the most diplomatic terms the boycott.

Sthil
stihl
stihl

Back to top Go down

Conflict is inevitable.... Empty I'm in.

Post  HaroldAngel Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:39 pm

I think to make the experiment really interesting, we should not announce the boycott on syr.com. Let's just disappear and see what happens.

I have no doubt that some of them are monitoring this forum regularly. It might be interesting to see who the lurkers are.

affraid
HaroldAngel
HaroldAngel

Back to top Go down

Conflict is inevitable.... Empty Good idea Harold.

Post  cradlerc Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:42 pm

I'm game.
cradlerc
cradlerc

Back to top Go down

Conflict is inevitable.... Empty Me too,

Post  magyar1 Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:45 pm

Especially if you include Cleveland.
magyar1
magyar1

Back to top Go down

Conflict is inevitable.... Empty Just ignore it

Post  AustenFan Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:48 pm

and don't post anything about a boycott. if you announce it, it just gives the trolls attention, and they thrive on that. As far as cleveland.com, i visited there once or twice. It was even worse than syracuse. com IMO, since some of the people who used to post on syracuse just moved over there and I have no desire to interact with them. I wish them well and I wish them healing. I simply don't want to read their posts.
AustenFan
AustenFan

Back to top Go down

Conflict is inevitable.... Empty I'm in!

Post  VicarJoe Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:56 pm

geek
VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

Conflict is inevitable.... Empty Re: Conflict is inevitable....

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum