Lindisfarne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PETA has lost its mind again

4 posters

Go down

PETA has lost its mind again Empty PETA has lost its mind again

Post  VicarJoe Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:25 pm

VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

PETA has lost its mind again Empty Wha????

Post  cradlerc Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:29 pm

It doesn't even make any sense. Rolling Eyes I hate campaigns that people think are profound but are merely. . .lame.
cradlerc
cradlerc

Back to top Go down

PETA has lost its mind again Empty I wondered why being pro-choice would make one vegetarian

Post  VicarJoe Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:39 pm

because while killing humans is okay, killing chickens is wrong?

That was a head scratcher.
VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

PETA has lost its mind again Empty It doesn't make sense

Post  AustenFan Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:03 pm

I guess PETA is just capitalizing on the Tiller news story. The only explanation I can offer that you can also be pro-life-for the life of animals-by not eating meat and that you can be pro-choice by making the choice not to eat meat. In other words wherever you stand on abortion you can choose life by not eating meat. It's stinks as an ad campaign, however.

I sometimes go to Whole Foods which is supposedly a very green (as in recycling items and having solar panels, etc) supermarket. It has lots of vegetarian and vegan items. In the parking lot was a car with a bumper sticker that said, "Eat Meat and Die." It was I assume the car of a militant vegetarian or vegan. All I could think was, "What a colosally dumb bumper sticker. I mean, should I assume that I give up eating meat I will live forever?" And at the time I was a vegetarian! I suppose "Eat meat and you may die sooner" is more accurate, but it didn't have that good PETA punch, I suppose. Rolling Eyes
AustenFan
AustenFan

Back to top Go down

PETA has lost its mind again Empty This reminds me of a corporation....

Post  stihl Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:23 am

...hedging its bet by contributing to both the Republican and Democratic Party.

By saying that "PETA" has lost its mind again, you infer that at one time it had a mind.

There campaign is one of trying to standardize the wingnut. PETA has lost its mind again 29397 peace and proper my friend.
stihl
stihl

Back to top Go down

PETA has lost its mind again Empty My favorite PETA campaign of all time

Post  VicarJoe Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:56 am

was when they proposed calling fish "sea kittens," because no one wants to eat a kitten.

Well, maybe this guy does... PETA has lost its mind again 119981

I mentioned this billboard story to my wife yesterday, and we kind of agreed that PETA is brilliant. We assume it knows it's being ridiculous, but the whole point of these exercises is not to persuade people but to get press. Only then will people hear of PETA and go check out their web site, etc. So is it ridiculous? Obviously yes. Is that intended? I have to think so.

http://www.peta.org/Sea_Kittens/index.asp
VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

PETA has lost its mind again Empty Re: PETA has lost its mind again

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down