Lindisfarne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shooting at recruiting staion

3 posters

Go down

Shooting at recruiting staion Empty Shooting at recruiting staion

Post  AustenFan Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:41 pm

Why is the White House silent on this? Why are the left wing groups so quick to condemn the murder of Tiller the abortionist-as well they should condemn it-so silent when a murderer with religious and political motives shoots servicemen? The Obama adminitration is using the Tiller murder for political purposes, yet apparently it's not worth comment when servicemen are murdered. I have always been against the war, but murder is murder .

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2009/06/white_house_and_doj_silent_on.html
AustenFan
AustenFan

Back to top Go down

Shooting at recruiting staion Empty Austenfan, good to see you back!

Post  VicarJoe Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:12 am

I have to admit, after my first reactions to hearing about Tiller's murder--which was a combination of horror that someone could think he's pro-life and commit murder with a kind of shock that Tiller was in a church and apparently considered himself a Lutheran--my next thought was that his death was going to become the rationale for a series of moves by politicians to exploit his death for political ends. It's not really surprising. The response is dictated by the politics. It's a bit like the way every time there is any kind of shooting, people come out of the woodwork crying for gun control. We had a mass shooting in upstate New York not long ago, in Binghamton at the immigrant center, and the first thing the politicians did was run to Binghamton and talk about gun control. The thing is, NY state has the toughest gun control laws in the nation. Short of banning guns outright and going door to door to confiscate them, NY has done just about everything it can to control guns. But there's a political constituency that's served by pointlessly calling for gun control at moments where guns are used in highly visible crimes, just as there's a constituency that's served by running out and pretending (as the administration did) that there's some vast pro-life conspiracy to gun down abortion doctors, so they all need to be wary and have federal marshalls protect them.

I found that so annoying. Here you have a recent poll that shows more Americans consider themselves pro-life than pro-choice, so there's maybe 150 million pro-life people in America. And we're all gun-toting savages and extremists who are conspiring to kill doctors? (Not to beat a dead horse, but it's Carrie Prejean all over again, where to be in the majority is to be "controversial" and "extreme.")

There's obviously no political traction whatsoever in denouncing a muslim or an anti-war activist for acting up. No one was going to step up and denounce the brown-shirt tactics of the anti-Prop 8 crews either. Certainly, any message gets filtered through the media, so even a republican would be wary of denouncing the recruitment center shooter too strongly, knowing that CNN would depict him as a racist and worse. And when CNN covered the fights over Prop 8, they asked the woman representing the cause of traditional marriage why the issue brought out so much hate in her side, which was as far afield from the truth of the matter as anything you could imagine.
VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

Shooting at recruiting staion Empty I saw this passage at First Things and thought you'd appreciate it

Post  VicarJoe Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:16 am

Of course, while many hundreds of thousands of words are being written about the murder of George Tiller, and much political hay is being stacked against so-called Christianists, another murder followed Tiller's-and it is being mostly ignored, even by the same president who, within hours of Tiller's death, managed to express his profound sadness over it. A young recruit by the name of William Long finished his boot-camp training, stopped in at his Arkansas recruitment center, and was slain by a man named Abdulhakim Mujahid Muhammad, whose name and religion routinely go unmentioned in press reports.

Why should we care about some dumb hick named William Long, who was only a soldier and not a hero abortionist? And why should his assassin's name or religion matter? Because William Long was as entitled to the life he had, as was George Tiller. And Long's death, at the hands of a man who used his religion to justify his actions, is the ultimate reminder of why Christians cannot emulate Bonhoeffer, for all his brilliance, or Tiller's murderer: When we start thinking that we know the heart and mind of God so well that we may decide who lives and who dies, we slip into a mode of Antichrist.

The Pauline paradox "when I am weak, then I am strong" carries a flipside: "When I am strong, then I am weak." Relativism is dangerous because we can too easily slip into the belief that we so well comprehend God's will that we can confuse our own will for God's, and thereby do terrible damage to one another. God's rain falls on "the just and the unjust," and it is one of the challenges of the life of faith that we must leave to God the rendering of his Justice.
VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

Shooting at recruiting staion Empty I read somewhere

Post  AustenFan Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:40 am

That Obama is going to comment on this when a statement is drafted for him. How long does it take to draft a statement, when the condemnation of the murder of Tiller came very quickly? Perhaps Obama doesn't want to offend Muslims while he is abroad. However, the murderer was a Muslim and apparently had other targets in mind-a child care center, a Baptist Church and a Jewish temple. Obama's political correctness in this particular case is just wrong and insensitive to his the victims family.
AustenFan
AustenFan

Back to top Go down

Shooting at recruiting staion Empty Political motivation

Post  stihl Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:43 am

Austen, I suspect the reluctance to comment on the suspects religous affiliation is because of the pending (now current) visit to the Muslem world by our President. I noticed too, there was little reacton from the White House 2 weeks ago when the 4 Muslim converts tried to blow up a Synagouge in Brooklyn (and tried to acquire a shoulder launch missle to shoot down a military transport).

None of the networks mentioned the suspect being a Muslim.

The silence is deafening.
stihl
stihl

Back to top Go down

Shooting at recruiting staion Empty Re: Shooting at recruiting staion

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum