Lindisfarne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shroud of Turin getting a lot of attention

2 posters

Go down

Shroud of Turin getting a lot of attention Empty Shroud of Turin getting a lot of attention

Post  stihl Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:26 am

Cahill mentioned the Shroud in the final chapters of his book. I saw a TV special advertised last night that deals with Shroud. So, doing a bit of research, I must say that the science being applied to the Shroud is pretty amazing stuff. Here is a synopsis of where the research is at:

- The image on the shroud is a negative image. Negative film was invented 200 years ago. The idea that the shroud is a medival fake would be to assume somebody came up with the idea of a negative imaging 1,000 years before it was invented.

-It isn't paint.

- There is 3D information in the image that can not be produced by photography.

- there is human blood on the shroud.

- the carbon dating that showed the shroud to be 500 years old was done on an area of the shroud that was mended in the 1500's.

This is just some of it.
stihl
stihl

Back to top Go down

Shroud of Turin getting a lot of attention Empty Hey stihl!

Post  cradlerc Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:06 am

I agree, the shroud is fascinating--regardless of what the true story ends up being. Though it's of course not an article of faith, I think it may be the real thing. Supposedly there's a church in Italy where the Eucharist transformed into real flesh and blood, and the DNA sample of the blood matched that on the shroud. Who knows?
cradlerc
cradlerc

Back to top Go down

Shroud of Turin getting a lot of attention Empty Yikes....

Post  stihl Tue May 04, 2010 3:01 pm

...the Eucharists into real flesh???!!! That would be rather gross. Miraculos, but gross.
stihl
stihl

Back to top Go down

Shroud of Turin getting a lot of attention Empty I think it's a bit gross, myself.

Post  cradlerc Tue May 18, 2010 5:18 pm

And as my Father-in-law said about it, who's the poor sucker who got taken behind the church for a little "surgery"? LOL--sorry, that's not actually funny if that's what really happened. The miraculous part is that it has stayed intact and "fresh" for centuries. This is the kind of Catholic stuff that people either shudder at or think is kind of cool. I find it cool, but it also doesn't affect my faith one way or another, except as a little reminder that "there are more things on heaven and earth. . ."
cradlerc
cradlerc

Back to top Go down

Shroud of Turin getting a lot of attention Empty Re: Shroud of Turin getting a lot of attention

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down