Lindisfarne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So pathetic, so sad.

4 posters

Go down

So pathetic, so sad. Empty So pathetic, so sad.

Post  cradlerc Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:28 pm

The old forum, of course. I note that Therefore and Scooby are valiantly posting. I would post too, but I have, apparently, been banned in spite of the fact that I haven't posted in months. So since I've been silenced there, I'll say it here: way to go, Scooby and Therefore; Azemour needs to stop smoking the Huffington Post out of the blood-bowl; and huma/bert has not improved in the last two months, even a little.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
cradlerc
cradlerc

Back to top Go down

So pathetic, so sad. Empty C'mon Cradle...

Post  HumbleHank Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:31 pm

You almost got me to respond to a post over there. But I ultimately decided not to get worked up about it and to let it pass. I'm not even going to try to figure out who Bump-kin use to be, but it was their response to Augustin57's comment about the Synod of African Bishops that almost sucked me in. Bump-kin made the comment that "tens of thousands of innocent people have been butched in bogus wars with not as much as a peep as to the morality of such monsterous behavior...". I felt inclined to cite the numerous addresses and letters that can easily be chronicled if one does a Google search for "Iraq war" and "site:vatican.va". I find it hard to believe that they are really that misinformed or unskilled in researching the primary point that they use to frame an argument or diversion around. In fact I know they have the skills as they seem to have no problem digging up obscure sites about witchcraft in Africa.

In the end it just seems pointless to engage in that.

Peace to you.
HumbleHank
HumbleHank

Back to top Go down

So pathetic, so sad. Empty You're right, Hank.

Post  cradlerc Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:25 pm

I find it hard to believe that it's anything but willful ignorance. I've had some teaching experiences this term, though, that have made me wonder if bigotry actually affects people's brains--after talking ad nauseum about the complexities of the medieval church, I'm still getting papers that say things like "the church was bad, so people were really, really happy when the Renaissance came so they could be atheists." Sigh. Maybe they think I'm lying when I talk about Popes who were humanists?

I'm trying to work up the courage to read Richard Dawkins' latest piece in the Washington Post--I think it will be connected to this idea of willful ignorance.

Also, Hank--are you the one who loves Scott Hahn? It might be Scooby. . .anyway, I just read his book about Opus Dei, and it was great.
cradlerc
cradlerc

Back to top Go down

So pathetic, so sad. Empty Pathetic and sad is right!

Post  SursumCorda Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:39 pm

I just peeked in over there and couldn't resist posting an annoyed response to someone's
jab at Augustin's post on a Planned Parenthood exec who experienced a change of heart. I'm
not even sure why I bothered.

Just had to say here that I hadn't realized Scott Hahn had written a book on Opus Dei. I'll
have to look for it. Few things make me happier than the prospect of a good book. Smile
SursumCorda
SursumCorda

Back to top Go down

So pathetic, so sad. Empty Scott Hahn co-wrote a book on Dawkins which I found really interesting

Post  VicarJoe Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:25 pm

I suspect the co-author handled the science, which to my lay ears was pretty sophisticated. It was a fine read. The title escapes me, but it's no more than two years old or so. Lemme look...

here it is.

So pathetic, so sad. 51p1CDW3EuL._SL500_AA240_

Answering the New Atheism.
VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

So pathetic, so sad. Empty One last thing

Post  VicarJoe Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:00 pm

I glanced over there for the first time in maybe two months today, and what really jumped out at me was that the first page has posts from October 15. I remember that place changing over pages three times a day. It's really dead.
VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

So pathetic, so sad. Empty Re: So pathetic, so sad.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum