Lindisfarne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On forum governance

4 posters

Go down

On forum governance Empty On forum governance

Post  VicarJoe Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:36 am

Made this post almost two months ago: "Just wanted to reiterate my idea that if things really do get up and running here, it would be cool to have some structure in place for dealing with trolling. I don't want it to be Joe's forum where I rule with an iron fist. Not because I don't see myself as monarchical. Of course I do. But I do like the idea of a Star Chamber or Security Council made up of three or four or five people who would confer and vote if it seems someone perhaps ought to be shown the door."

1200 posts later and not a single incident of trolling. Not one. And so "Sheriff Joe", as one forum censor at syracuse dot com likes to call me, has kept his gun in the holster for two months. Meanwhile, I am banned AGAIN at syracuse dot com, for like the fifth time since Lindisfarne started. No one has EVER been banned here.

I appreciate the irony, though I've no doubt that the trolls would not.
VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

On forum governance Empty I haven't been over to Syracuse

Post  just4once Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:20 pm

for some time and the banning is one of the reasons why. Took a look at it and it seems like a lot was deleted, no surprise.
just4once
just4once

Back to top Go down

On forum governance Empty Well Joe,

Post  Thereforeiam Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:21 am

I would suggest you continue to be the passive Pat Garrett and if any Billie the Kids show up on here, only then should we form a posse IMO.
Thereforeiam
Thereforeiam

Back to top Go down

On forum governance Empty Thse banning and deletions

Post  AustenFan Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:03 am

on syracuse is ridiculous, and in respect to me (deletions) they relate to "troll finding." The individual is so accomplised at deletions that-as I said before-I think they may work for syracuse or other advance net forums.

Also, that "sheriff Joe" stuff is silly. Joe's headline says "welcome all who come in good faith". That doesn't mean you have to share the faith of Christianity and obviously some people here don't. It means, I think, that you are not welcome if you do the standard trolling. A number of folks on syracuse have no cojones as is evident from a number of their actions and comments. They just want to anonymously snipe. I could write a book on spotting trolling techniques at this point. Rolling Eyes
AustenFan
AustenFan

Back to top Go down

On forum governance Empty Re: On forum governance

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum