Lindisfarne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question for Joe

2 posters

Go down

Question for Joe Empty Question for Joe

Post  AustenFan Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:59 am

I am having a "pre-senior" moment here and can't remember something. What is the name of the English doctor you like who writes for city journal. Is that the name of it-city journal? He frequently writes on how England has gone to hell in a handbasket. I am asking because someone on another board is mentioning England becoming almost like a Stasi state, (He lives there) and if he didn't know him, I wanted to mention that writer to him.

Thanks.
AustenFan
AustenFan

Back to top Go down

Question for Joe Empty You're thinking of Theodore Dalrymple

Post  VicarJoe Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:15 am

who also writes under the name Anthony Daniels. He's published in City Journal, but he also has a column in The Spectator (a UK pub), and he routinely writes for a number of other journals as well. Your friend would certainly like his book Life on the Bottom, but also might be interested in his book Utopias Elsewhere, under the name Daniels, in which he travels to all the communist countries right before the fall of communism in order to take one last impression of marxism in action.
VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down