Lindisfarne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Passion of the Christ

3 posters

Go down

The Passion of the Christ Empty The Passion of the Christ

Post  VicarJoe Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:53 pm

Anyone see this movie? I did not. I don't have much tolerance for watching suffering or torture on film. I had to shut off Reservoir Dogs halfway through. I feel like a bit of a weenie for not being willing to sit through watching for two hours what my Savior went through bodily for two days. I think I understand the point of the film. I think that a sustained experience of Christ's sacrifices for us is an enormous good for clarifying what we owe Him. And yet, again throwing caution to the wind here, I actually fear what kind of effect the movie might have on me. On occasion, I actually choke up at church when I contemplate Christ's suffering. I'm afraid the movie might actually make me sick. Or, I dunno, depressed.

Has anyone endured this movie? What impact did it have on you? Were you glad you saw it? Would you watch it again?
VicarJoe
VicarJoe

Back to top Go down

The Passion of the Christ Empty I saw it.....

Post  stihl Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:21 pm

and I have not watched it again. Yes, it was brutal.

However, the value in seeing it is to appreciate the suffering. Contemplating the fact that Christ knew it was coming and, He still went through with it is a very profound thing. An unflinching view of the suffering deepens ones appreciation for His sacrifice and His love for us.

I was a HAC when I saw it. Maybe I should see it can.
stihl
stihl

Back to top Go down

The Passion of the Christ Empty Mr. Cradle watched it.

Post  cradlerc Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:06 pm

He said it was a profound experience for him. He seemed to feel watching it alone was helpful and helped deepen his experience. I meant to watch it earlier this year when I had some time off, and then I didn't. The best intentions. ..
cradlerc
cradlerc

Back to top Go down

The Passion of the Christ Empty Re: The Passion of the Christ

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum